All of your kitchen appliances and electronics require special care when moving. Your refrigerator takes special attention when moving because of electric and water connections.
- First step will of course be removing everything from the fridge and freezer. In the weeks leading up to your move, you should be clearing out your fridge by eating cold items and buying only the most necessary refrigerated food.
- Disconnect the power and pack the cord away so that it is easy to find later.
- Disconnect the water supply if your refrigerator has an ice maker feature.
- Many manufacturers recommend defrosting the freezer before moving, so you can plan ahead and do this the night before your move.
- Remove the shelves and any other loose parts in the refrigerator.
- Tie the refrigerator doors closed with a thin rope or strong tape.
- For the actual moving of the refrigerator, it is important that you keep the fridge upright at all times. Moving a refrigerator on its back or side can lead to coolant leaking inside the appliance, which can cause serious damage. We recommend using professional movers for large appliances because we have the equipment and resources to move the item safely.
145 N Beacon St. Brighton MA