Before hiring a moving company, it’s helpful to know some of the lingo that will be used by the movers so that you know how to communicate your needs and wants. Here are a few common terms used by movers:

  • Appliance dolly: A dolly which is specifically used for moving large appliances.
  • Bill of lading: The name of the contract signed between mover and the customer.
  • Divide: Used to block off sections of a moving truck so that everything stays secure and organized.
  • Full service mover: Bee’s Moving is a full service mover, meaning it completely moves your items from one location to the next.
  • Interstate moving: A moving job that moves from one state to another state. Interstate moving requires some different licensing and insurance in some cases.
  • Loading ramp: Ramp that we provide which we use to get items onto our moving truck.
  • Storage-in-transit: Temporary storage solution used when the new home is not yet ready for occupation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *